Monday, October 10, 2016
Company Team Outing Ideas
2) Mystery Dinner
3) Room Escape Games
5) Trampoline Parks
6) Karaoke Night
7) Something Embarrassingly Touristy
8) Kart Racing
9) Laser Tag
10) Painting Class
11) Cooking Class
12) Sports Game
Team-Building Activities, Games, and Exercises for Work
15) Improv Workshop
16) Board Game Tournament
17) Professional Development Workshop
Friday, October 7, 2016
Encore Event Rentals recently rented and installed a Clearspan structure tent over a tennis court in Oklahoma. Clearspan structure tents are the efficient structure for large volume events. Designed for quick installations and easy handling, Clearspan tents can be installed on any surface without foundations required.
Events that Can Be Held in a Temporary Structure
A Clearspan Tent can be any structure that is built and disassembled quickly. These can include outdoor shade structures such as clear span tents. These structures are great for any time of year, as they can be augmented with different types of fabric and structural elements that fit different kinds of weather. Whether things need to be kept out of the heat and sun or the rain and snow, a good temporary structure should be able to get the job done.
Planning the Use of an Outdoor Space
As you plan the layout of your outdoor space, you should first consider what kind of event you are holding. What ill the weather be like on the dates you are considering? What are the physical logistics of the site? Will you be requiring other accessories? For example, if you are going to have a performance on a stage, the structure will need to be tall enough to accommodate the entire stage structure. If the ground is going to get muddy, you might want to have steel floor tiles to keep the surface level and slip resistant. If you’re planning an event during the winter months, you may want to consider portable heating. Everything from flooring, lighting, to temperature control will be important aspects to keep in mind.
Events Housed in Temporary Structures
There are many different ways to utilize the layout of an outdoor space. Typically, a clear span tent is the best option to maximize the efficiency of space usage and to minimize distractions. Here are some examples of how to set up different events.
- Trade Shows: A trade show can be positioned in the most appropriate area when you can bring the structure anywhere. Specified entrances and added lighting can create a perfect space for exhibiting various items for sale or display, and fit multiple vendors and appraisers.
- Hotel or Resort Events: By utilizing blackout fabric and custom lighting, you could transform any space into a beautiful dining or event area. Flooring is a great option for one of these events, where you can create a truly intimate setting.
- Sporting Events: Sometimes you may want to have a high-tiered shaded area for people to look down on a sporting event. Or maybe the actual area for the event itself needs to be shaded. An outdoor structure can have its legs adjusted to fit onto any incline or elevated surface, allowing for infinite possibilities.
- Corporate Meetings: If you are going to have a lot of people coming from around the nation to attend your company’s meeting, and you don’t have a conference room big enough for all of them, a temporary structure will allow you to make the perfectly sized area for any space accommodations.
- Outdoor Concerts: When planning a concert, wouldn’t it be great to be able to have the perfect sized venue? Temporary structures are a great option because they allow you to make an area perfectly sized for the number of tickets you’ll be selling and tall enough to accommodate special equipment.
There are many more ways that a Clearspan Tent can be used, and the above are just some examples. If you can imagine an event space, we can build it..
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Encore Event Rentals now has a complete line of Bunn Frozen Drink machines available to rent for your next event.
Monday, December 1, 2014
The time for Holiday entertaining is quickly approaching and along with it comes the age-old questions, such as:
- What can be done to keep the kids occupied this year?
- Can those old chairs in the attic survive another holiday entertaining season without falling apart?
- Should we buy more china or risk having to bring out the hodgepodge of old dishes and flatware from deep storage?
- Does a bean-bag chair count as a chair? Does an end-table count as a table?
- With the four different shaped tables and three different sets of china and mismatched dishes displayed throughout the room, does it look like a dinner party or an indoor rummage sale?
We’ve all encountered these questions in one form or another, while trying to keep the holiday get-togethers as memorable and special as possible. The truth is though, that sometimes our guest list gets a little bigger than we plan --families do grow --and it may be that you have either too little space or an inadequate supply of what’s needed to properly get your event off the ground. That’s where renting comes in. By renting what you need for this holiday season, you’ll be able to enjoy a less stressful event and make things look the way you want them to, not the way you wish they could. You will also have more money to spend on your family, rather than the extra tables, chairs, dishes and party supplies that will have to be hauled away and stored for another year.
An important thing to think about before going any further is space. If your living room is twice the size of your dining room, than you may want to consider re-purposing it for the short term as a way to accommodate the number of guests that will be coming. You may also want to find a place to put non-essential furniture in order to make room for banquet and/or buffet tables, etc.
Here’s just a brief list of renting ideas for your next holiday event:
- Tables and chairs come in a variety of sizes and shapes to choose from. Determine the number of guests and a possible layout to see what works for your room. For a uniform look, you may even want to take your existing dining room table and chairs out to the garage. Did you plan on serving family style or buffet style? There are tables to accommodate whatever you decide.
- Linens are a fun and easy way to tie everything together. You can choose fall colors or the traditional reds and greens for the holidays. A unified color scheme will help set the tone for the whole room!
- Dishes and Silverware should not be overlooked. Why be burdened by a large stockpile of dishes that will only be used once or twice a year? Rent them and enjoy a generous supply of beautiful (and matching!) china, glassware and silverware. The effect of a large, uniform place-setting will bring the "wow-factor" to your holiday event!
- Entertainment ideas such as renting a digital movie projector and screen to keep the holiday favorites running will keep the kids happy (even the grown-up ones). Of course the big game on the large screen might keep Uncle Bart happy too. Another great idea is to rent a Santa costume for the kids to help make holiday memories and photos even better.
- Decorations such as flowers, table arrangements, balloons, and even a Christmas tree can bring the finishing touch to your entertaining space. The possibilities literally are endless!
Give us a call to see what we can do to make your holiday event extra special. Whether you need just a few extra chairs to accommodate additional guests or even if you’ve convinced Uncle Bart to wear the familiar jolly red suit, our staff will be happy to help you with whatever you need.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Whether you want to create a Winter Wonderland with snow, celebrate your event with a large amount of paper shot 50-100 feet in the air, or surround your guests with bubbles and foam...Encore can make it happen!
Monday, September 17, 2012
Once again Encore was the tent rental provider for the Rotary Club Shreveport Dragonboat races 2012 at the Shreveport Riverfront/Festival Plaza. Encore set up 30 team tents as well as the main stage tent and additional tents for vendors and concessions. You can view our entire gallery of the event at our facebook page.